Thanks for taking an interest in MostUsedWords.com.
MostUsedWords strives to enable everyone to learn a language as fast and as efficient as possible.
Why did we start the Frequency Dictionaries?
"I want to learn [a foreign language] quick and effortlessly. I want it, and I want it now."
I needed to obtain a conversational fluency level in Portuguese as soon as possible. I'm also a lazy person and I hate wasting time. Being obsessed with efficiency, and obtaining maximum results from minimal imput, I set out to decipher the language learning process.
Soon I stumbled upon how much vocabulary you actually need to know for fluency. Turns out that in pretty much any language, you only need to know a relative small amount of words to understand and be understood.
The Frequency Dictionary Must-Have List
The frequency lists I encountered were either non-existant, incomplete or not up to standard.
- A thorough, modern, up-to-date frequency list
- Practical for both spoken and written texts
- Phonetic transcription (for languages that are phonetically very different from their written word)
- Parallel text showing word usage in context.
- A list of the most common nouns, adjectives verbs, etc.
- By using a proper scientific basis on efficient language learning methods, we strive to give you the needed vocabulary in an orderly manner.
- A large source of subtitle data to analyze will present us with the most used vocabulary.
- Subtitle frequency amount to both spoken and written language. Two birds, one stone.
- We show you the most used words in descending order, with an example sentences. This way you master your language as soon as possible.
- Our products can be used as a standalone product for self-study, or as a handy supplement to any other language program.
- Language teachers use the MostUsedWords books to teach their students, with rapid improvements reported.
With these principles in mind, I set out to create the first frequency dictionary.
A lot has happened since.
At the time of writing, it has been almost 3 years since I started the first book. Over 40 books have been published, updated or republished. Many more will follow.
I like language learning and the theory behind it. I want to bring the world these practical frequency dictionaries in all major languages.
So everyone can learn languages fast and efficiently, and we can all understand eachother a bit better.
We hope we are helping you to achieve your dreams.
Edmond @ MostUsedWords
Thank you for reading.