How To Say Good Morning in Swedish
How do you say "Good Morning" in Swedish?
- God morgon” (formal, proper)
- “Morrn’” (informal)
- “Mmm…” (coffee first, talkie later)
Greetings in Swedish
Good morning is not the only greeting in Sweden. Some northern parts of Sweden do not see light or day several times a year, so it is practical to know some basic Swedish alternatives to good morning.
- hej or hej hej hi, hello
- hejsan hi (informal)
- god dag hello; goodbye (the literal meaning is “good day”. This greeting can be used any time during the day, from morning until around 5pm)
- god morgon good morning (commonly used until around 11am)
- god förmiddag good morning (commonly used from around 11am until noon)
- god middag good afternoon (commonly used around noon)
- god eftermiddag good afternoon (commonly used from noon until around 5pm)
- god kväll good evening (commonly used from around 5pm)
How to say welcome in Swedish
- välkommen! welcome!
- välkommen till … welcome to …
How to say good bye or see you in Swedish
A greeting is not complete without a goodbye. Here are several basic Swedish phrases to say goodbye to someone.
- hej or hej hej bye
- hejdå goodbye
- god natt goodnight
- vi ses! see you! (informal)
- vi ses snart! see you soon!
- vi ses senare! see you later!
- ha en bra dag! have a good day!
There are many different ways to say good morning in Swedish, or to say hello in Swedish. We listed the most common and most socially accepted in this article. Please share if you liked this. If you have any more suggestions or comments, please let us know below in the comment section.