What Is The Meaning Of "Contesta" In Spanish
If you have ever dabbled in the beautiful Spanish language, you may have come across the term "contesta". But what exactly does it mean, and how is it used in different contexts? In this article, we will explore the meaning and usage of the term "contesta" in Spanish.
What is the Meaning of "Contesta" in Spanish?
Contesta (IPA: /konˈtesta/) is a verb in Spanish, which translates to "answer" or "reply" in English. It is derived from the infinitive form contestar (IPA: /konˈtestar/). When used in conversation, it signifies the act of responding to a question, statement, or request.
Usage of "Contesta" in Spanish
In Spanish, "contesta" holds several nuances, including:
- Responding to Questions: The most common usage of "contesta" is in the context of answering questions. It is an essential communication skill in any language.
- Replying to Statements: "Contesta" can also be used to acknowledge or respond to statements made by others. This shows active participation in a conversation.
- Reacting to Requests: When someone asks for assistance or a favor, the appropriate response would be to "contestar" or reply accordingly.
Take a look at our series of frequency dictionaries to learn Spanish words fast. Stop learning hard, and start learning smart!
Sample Sentences of "Contesta" in Spanish with English Translations
To help you grasp the usage of "contesta" in practical contexts, here are five sample sentences:
- Por favor, ¿puedes contestar esta pregunta?
(Please, can you answer this question?)
- Ella siempre contesta mis mensajes de inmediato.
(She always replies to my messages immediately.)
- Cuando el profesor hace una pregunta, nadie contesta.
(When the teacher asks a question, nobody answers.)
- Mis amigos contestaron todas las invitaciones a la fiesta.
(My friends responded to all the party invitations.)
- Siempre contesto cuando me hablan con respeto.
(I always respond when spoken to with respect.)