How To Say "To Defeat" In Spanish
If you are exploring the Spanish language, knowing how to express concepts like "to defeat" is crucial for effective communication. In this guide, we will delve into the Spanish equivalent of this term, providing phonetic guidance and practical examples for better understanding.
What is "To Defeat" in Spanish?
How to Say "To Defeat" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "to defeat" in Spanish:
- El equipo de fútbol logró derrotar a sus rivales en un emocionante partido.
(The soccer team managed to defeat their rivals in an exciting match.)
- La estrategia militar fue crucial para derrotar al enemigo en la guerra.
(The military strategy was crucial to defeat the enemy in the war.)
- A pesar de los desafíos, logró derrotar todos los obstáculos en su camino hacia el éxito.
(Despite the challenges, he managed to defeat all obstacles on his way to success.)
- Con determinación y perseverancia, puedes derrotar cualquier adversidad.
(With determination and perseverance, you can defeat any adversity.)
- La unidad de la oposición logró derrotar al partido gobernante en las elecciones.
(The opposition unity managed to defeat the ruling party in the elections.)
Now armed with the knowledge of how to say "to defeat" in Spanish, you can confidently navigate various scenarios where this term might be applicable. Whether in sports, battles, personal challenges, or political contexts, "derrotar" encapsulates the essence of triumphing over adversity. Remember to practice and integrate this term into your vocabulary for seamless communication in Spanish-speaking environments. ¡Buena suerte!