How To Say "To Appreciate" In Spanish
Understanding how to express the concept of appreciation in Spanish is crucial for effective communication in the language. Whether you are expressing gratitude, acknowledging value, or showing admiration, knowing the right word in Spanish can make a significant difference. In this article, we will explore the various ways to say the verb "to appreciate" in Spanish, along with its meaning and usage.
What is "To Appreciate" in Spanish?
Take a look at our series of frequency dictionaries to learn Spanish words fast. Stop learning hard, and start learning smart!
- Spain: Valorar (IPA: /ba.loˈɾar/) is often used in Spain to convey the sense of valuing or appreciating something.
- Mexico and Latin America: Besides "apreciar," you may also hear agradecer (IPA: /a.ɡɾa.deˈseɾ/), which is more specific to expressing gratitude.
- Argentina: In Argentina, "apreciar" is commonly used, but you may also come across valorizar (IPA: /ba.lo.ɾiˈsaɾ/), which carries a similar meaning.
How to Say "To Appreciate" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
- Nosotros apreciamos mucho tu esfuerzo en este proyecto.
(We appreciate your effort in this project very much.)
- ¿Puedes apreciar la diferencia entre estos dos tonos de azul?
(Can you appreciate the difference between these two shades of blue?)
- Te agradecemos profundamente por tu amable gesto.
(We deeply appreciate your kind gesture.)
- Ellos aprecian el arte.
(They appreciate art.)
- Siempre he apreciado la belleza de la naturaleza.
(I have always appreciated the beauty of nature.)