How To Say "Palpitation" In Spanish
Palpitation, a common medical term that describes irregular heartbeats or a sensation of rapid, strong, or irregular heartbeats, is a word that many people want to know how to say in Spanish. In this article, we will explore the translation, pronunciation, and meaning of the term "palpitation" in Spanish. We will also provide you with five Spanish-to-English sample sentences to help you understand how to use this term in context.
What is "Palpitation" in Spanish?
Take a look at our series of frequency dictionaries to learn Spanish words fast. Stop learning hard, and start learning smart!
While "palpitación" is the standard term for palpitation across Spanish-speaking regions, it is worth noting that regional variations exist. For example:
- In Mexico and some Central American countries, you may also hear the term latidos irregulares (IPA: /ˈlatiðos irreˈɣulaɾes/) or simply latidos (IPA: /ˈlatiðos/) to describe palpitations.
- In Argentina, palpitación (IPA: /palpiˈtaˈsjon/) is commonly used, but you may also encounter taquicardia (IPA: /takikaɾˈðia/), which specifically refers to rapid heartbeats.
- In Spain, "palpitación" is prevalent, but palpitaciones cardiacas (IPA: /palpitaˈsjones karˈdjakas/) is an alternative term.
In general, "palpitación" is widely understood and used throughout the Spanish-speaking world. However, it is beneficial to be aware of regional alternatives in case you encounter them in specific contexts.
How to Say "Palpitation" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "palpitation" in Spanish:
- Mis palpitaciones cardíacas aumentaron cuando me asusté.
(My heart palpitations increased when I got scared.)
- Después de un ejercicio intenso, a veces siento palpitaciones en el pecho.
(After intense exercise, I sometimes feel palpitations in my chest.)
- La cafeína a menudo provoca palpitaciones en algunas personas sensibles.
(Caffeine often causes palpitations in some sensitive individuals.)
- Consulté a un cardiólogo debido a las palpitaciones frecuentes que experimentaba.
(I consulted a cardiologist because of the frequent palpitations I was experiencing.)
- Durante un ataque de ansiedad, las palpitaciones pueden ser abrumadoras.
(During an anxiety attack, palpitations can be overwhelming.)