How To Say "Eyelashes" In Spanish
Expanding your vocabulary in a new language is a crucial step towards fluency. Learning how to express everyday items like "eyelashes" in Spanish is essential for effective communication. In this article, we will delve into how to say the noun "eyelashes" in Spanish, along with its meaning, regional variations, and sample sentences.
What is "Eyelashes" in Spanish?
While "pestañas" is the predominant term for eyelashes in Spanish, it is important to be aware of regional variations:
- Pestillos (IPA: /pesˈtiʎos/): This term is occasionally used in some regions, but it's less common compared to "pestañas."
- Pelos de los ojos (IPA: /ˈpelos de los ˈoxos/): This literal translation is understood in most Spanish-speaking areas, but it's not the preferred colloquial term.
- Cabellos de los ojos (IPA: /kaˈbeʎos de los ˈoxos/): Similar to the above, this term is understood but less commonly used.
How to Say "Eyelashes" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "eyelashes" in Spanish:
- Sus pestañas son naturalmente largas y rizadas.
(Her eyelashes are naturally long and curled.)
- ¿Dónde puedo conseguir pestañas postizas de calidad?
(Where can I get quality false eyelashes?)
- Las pestañas postizas le dan un aspecto dramático a su mirada.
(False eyelashes give her gaze a dramatic look.)
- ¿Dónde puedo comprar un rizador de pestañas?
(Where can I buy an eyelash curler?)
- Ella tiene unas pestañas muy espesas y oscuras.
(She has very thick and dark eyelashes.)
Learning how to say "eyelashes" in Spanish opens up new possibilities for effective communication. With "pestañas" being the widely accepted term, you can confidently discuss this facial feature in any Spanish-speaking region. While "cejas" may occasionally be used to refer to eyelashes, it is important to remember its primary meaning of "eyebrows."
As you integrate these words into your daily conversations, your Spanish proficiency will continue to improve. Whether you are in Spain, Mexico, or any other Spanish-speaking country, you will now have the knowledge to confidently discuss eyelashes in Spanish. ¡Buena suerte!