Fluent Portuguese - Very Advanced Vocabulary for Near Fluent Portuguese Learners
This the fourth book in the Modern Portuguese Frequency Dictionary series.
This book will allow you to become fluent in Portuguese. You will grow your vocabulary from roughly CEFR C1+ up to C2+.
This dictionary is for advanced students who want to learn fluent Portuguese.
If you know the 10.000 used words in Portuguese, you will have a vocabulary equal to a grown-up native speaker who finished college or university.
You can speak Portuguese fluently and express yourself with ease. You can deal with academic or cognitively taxing material.
You can use the Portuguese language to a near-native effect, depending on your grammar skills. Your Portuguese is at a level that may, in certain aspects, be more advanced than that of an average native speaker.
In technical terms: you will understand 98% of all spoken Portuguese and 95% of all written Portuguese.
It is unnecessary to read the 1st, 2nd or 3rd book to enjoy this frequency dictionary. That entirely depends on how fluent in Portuguese you already are.
You can use this book as a stand-alone course. You can also use it as a supplement to any other language learning method.
Inside this book, you will find:
- The 7.501-10.000 most common Portuguese words, with their English translation(s).
- Near-fluent Portuguese vocabulary, arranged by general frequency and alphabet.
- Frequency as part of speech. most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.)
- 2.500 Portuguese to English example sentences.
- Phonetic spelling of Portuguese words
Best Way to Become Fluent in Portuguese - Study by Frequency
Not all words are created equal. You will use some words more than other words. Learning words by frequency is the best way to become fluent in Portuguese.
According to research, this is the amount of vocabulary you need to learn fluent Portuguese:
- 250 words. The core of any language. Without these words, you cannot construct any meaningful sentences. If you know the top 250 words, you know enough to get by as a tourist.
- 750 words. These essential words you will use every single day at least once. This is the standard vocabulary of someone who is starting to "get it".
- 2500 words. You need to know this many words to express everything you could possibly want to say. You probably do need some creativity to get more in-depth points across.
- 5000 words: This is the active vocabulary of native speakers without higher education. You will know 95% of all spoken language and enough to deduce unknown words from context.
- 10,000 words. The amount of active vocabulary of a native speaker who finished college or university.
- 20,000 words. If you can recognize about 20.000 words, you can read, understand, and enjoy a work of literature. Think of things such as a novel by a notable author.
What is Inside This Portuguese Dictionary?
A list of the 7501-10.000 most frequently used Portuguese words, based on subtitles analysis. A large base text collection is necessary to build a solid general frequency list. We analyzed the equivalent of two large libraries full of books to create a reliable frequency list.
Subtitles resemble both written and spoken language. This makes subtitles the best approach for creating a relevant and practical word frequency list.
This Portuguese to English frequency dictionary can be divided into three sections.
- 2.500 Portuguese words ranked by their general frequency.
- A collection of frequency lists by part of speech. We sorted the general frequency list by adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, pronouns, prepositions, nouns, numerals, and verbs.
- 2.500 Portuguese words in alphabetical order.
Portuguese pronunciation can be a bit difficult. To aid you in pronouncing Portuguese words correctly, we added phonetic transcriptions to each entry. The book uses the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
The Portuguese Frequency Dictionary – Master Vocabulary gives you a practical word list to become fluent in Portuguese. Study the most used words to learn fluent Portuguese fast.
You can use this frequency dictionary as a stand-alone tool. You can also mix this book with any other language learning applications, courses, lessons, or books.
This book roughly covers CEFR vocabulary ratings from C1 (fluency) to C2+ (mastery). These relatively high-frequency words are an excellent tool for advanced and near-fluent Portuguese learners.
Product details E-book
- Series: Portuguese-English (Book 4)
- Instant Download
- PDF: 227pages
- Publisher: MostUsedWords.com (April 7th, 2021)
- Language: Portuguese, English
- Read on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- PDF reader required for opening file (free)