Intermediate Estonian Vocabulary: 2501-5000 Most Common Estonian Words
This book is a continuation of the Estonian Frequency Dictionary-Essential Vocabulary.
This book extends the Estonian word list from the first book of the Estonian dictionary series. Your vocabulary will be improved from about CEFR A2+ to CEFR B2+ levels. This frequency dictionary is intended for intermediate-level students of the Estonian language.
You will be able to speak the language to a level similar to an adult native speaker who finished high school if you know the 5000 most commonly used Estonian words.
You are able to express yourself easily and carry on your day in Estonia without any problems. You can go shopping, apply for work, and have regular conversations with locals. You can understand and listen to almost all radio and television shows, websites, or newspapers. It is still difficult to read literature, but it is possible to discuss technical issues to a certain depth.
Technically speaking, you can understand 89% all spoken Estonian and 95% all written Estonian.
To enjoy this frequency dictionary, you are not required to have read the first book in the series. Although, we do recommend it as the first book covers all base vocabulary you need to know.
This book can be used as a standalone Estonian course. You can also use it in conjunction with any other intermediate Estonian courses, lessons, or methods.
The book includes the most commonly used Estonian words from #2501 to #5000, presentend words in a neatly organized format.
- Intermediate Estonian vocabulary items with English translations.
- Estonian words ordered alphabetically and by frequency.
- Frequency is part of speech (the most commonly used adjectives, nouns and verbs, etc.)
- English to Estonian example sentences.
- Phonetic spellings of Estonian words (IPA phonetic transcriptions).
What's Inside This Estonian Dictionary?
This dictionary was created by from a corpus of over conjugated 1,000,000 words. All data have been cleaned and lemmatized. Conjugations of verbs or adjectives are not listed as separate entries. The root word is the only thing this book lists, just like a regular dictionary would.
The Estonian word list for intermediate students is roughly divided into three sections:
- 2500 Estonian words, ranked according to general frequency.
- Frequency Lists by Part of Speech:
- List of Estonian adjectives
- List of Estonian Adverbs
- List of Estonian Conjunctions
- List of Estonian Prepositions
- List of Pronouns Estonian
- List of Estonian Nouns
- List of Common Estonian Verbs
- 2.500 Estonian words alphabetically.
Estonian pronunciation can be difficult. Phonetic transcriptions of Estonian words have been added to this site so that you can correctly pronounce Estonian words. Phonetic spelling is done using the International Phonetic Alphabet IPA.
Intermediate Estonian: Summary
The Estonian Frequency Dictionary 2 Intermediate Vocabulary provides a high-frequency list of words to help you learn intermediate Estonian. To quickly expand your practical Estonian vocabulary, you should study the most commonly used words first.
These high-frequency words are a great tool for intermediate Estonian lessons
This wordlist roughly covers CEFR vocabulary ratings from A2+ (advanced beginner) to B2+(independent user).
Product details E-Book
- Series: Estonian English Dictionary (Book 2)
- Instant Download
- PDF: 215 pages
- Publisher: MostUsedWords.com. 1 edition (March 19th, 2021).
- Language: English
- Any smartphone, tablet, or computer can read
- PDF reader is required to open file (free)