Intermediate Dutch Vocabulary List: 2501-5000 Most Common Dutch Words
This book is a follow-up of the Dutch Frequency Dictionary - Essential Vocabulary.
This book expands on the Dutch word list of the first book in the Dutch learning series. You will improve your vocabulary from about CEFR A2+ up to CEFR B2+ level. This frequency dictionary is intended for intermediate Dutch students.
If you know the 5000 most common Dutch words, you will have a vocabulary similar to an adult native speaker who finished high-school.
You can express yourself with ease, and go about your daily life effortlessly. Shopping, small talk, and regular conversations are easy enough for you. You can read and understand virtually all radio and TV shows, websites, and the newspaper. Reading literature is still challenging, and discussing technical issues in-depth will have you looking for words.
In technical terms: you can understand 89% of all spoken Dutch and 85% of all written Dutch.
You don't have to have read the 1st book in the series to enjoy this frequency dictionary. Any intermediate Dutch learner will benefit from this book.
You can use this book as a stand-alone Dutch course. You can also use it together with any other intermediate Dutch lessons, courses or methods.
This book contains the 2501 to 5000 most common Dutch words. The Dutch word list is presented to you in a neatly organized manner.
• intermediate Dutch vocabulary, with English translation(s).
• Dutch words ranked by general frequency and alphabet.
• Frequency as part of speech (the most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.)
• Dutch to English example sentences.
• Phonetic spelling of Dutch words (IPA phonetic transcriptions)
What is Inside This Dutch Dictionary?
The basis of this dictionary consisted of over 1 million words. All raw data has been lemmatized and cleaned. We do not list conjugations of verbs and adjectives as separate entries. This book only lists only the root word, just like in a regular dictionary.
This Dutch word list for intermediate students can roughly be divided into three sections:
- 2500 Dutch words, ranked by general frequency.
- Frequency lists by part of speech:
- list of adjectives in Dutch
- list of adverbs in Dutch
- list of conjunctions in Dutch
- list of prepositions in Dutch
- list of pronouns Dutch
- list of nouns in Dutch
- list of common Dutch verbs
- 2.500 Dutch words in alphabetical order.
Dutch pronunciation can be challenging. We added phonetic transcriptions of Dutch words, so you know how to pronounce Dutch words right. The phonetic spelling of words is done with the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
Intermediate Dutch: Summary
The Dutch Frequency Dictionary 2 – Intermediate Vocabulary gives you a high-frequency word list to learn intermediate Dutch. Study the most used words to expand your Dutch vocabulary rapidly.
These high-frequency words are an excellent tool for intermediate Dutch lessons.
This word list roughly covers CEFR vocabulary ratings from A2+ (advanced beginner) to B2+ (independent user).
Product details E-Book
- Series: Dutch-English Dictionary (Book 2)
- Instant Download
- PDF: 230 pages
- Publisher: MostUsedWords.com; 1st edition (March 16th, 2021)
- Language: English
- Read on any smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- PDF reader required for opening file (free)