Intermediate German Vocabulary List: 2501-5000 Most Common German Words
This book is a follow-up of the German Frequency Dictionary - Essential Vocabulary.
This book expands on the German word list of the first book in the German learning series. You will improve your vocabulary from about CEFR A2+ up to CEFR B2+ level. This frequency dictionary is intended for intermediate German students.
If you know the 5000 most common German words, you will have a vocabulary similar to an adult native speaker who finished high-school.
You can express yourself with ease, and go about your daily life effortlessly. Shopping, small talk, and regular conversations are easy enough for you. You can read and understand virtually all radio and TV shows, websites, and the newspaper. Reading literature is still challenging, and discussing technical issues in-depth will have you looking for words.
In technical terms: you can understand 89% of all spoken German and 85% of all written German.
You don't have to have read the 1st book in the series to enjoy this frequency dictionary. Any intermediate German learner will benefit from this book.
You can use this book as a stand-alone German course. You can also use it together with any other intermediate German lessons, courses or methods.
This book contains the 2501 to 5000 most common German words. The German word list is presented to you in a neatly organized manner.
• intermediate German vocabulary, with English translation(s).
• German words ranked by general frequency and alphabet.
• Frequency as part of speech (the most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.)
• German to English example sentences.
• Phonetic spelling of German words (IPA phonetic transcriptions)
What is Inside This German Dictionary?
The basis of this dictionary consisted of over 1 million words. All raw data has been lemmatized and cleaned. We do not list conjugations of verbs and adjectives as separate entries. This book only lists only the root word, just like in a regular dictionary.
This German word list for intermediate students can roughly be divided into three sections:
- 2500 German words, ranked by general frequency.
- Frequency lists by part of speech:
- list of adjectives in German
- list of adverbs in German
- list of conjunctions in German
- list of prepositions in German
- list of pronouns German
- list of nouns in German
- list of common German verbs
- 2.500 German words in alphabetical order.
German pronunciation can be challenging. We added phonetic transcriptions of German words, so you know how to pronounce German words right. The phonetic spelling of words is done with the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
Intermediate German: Summary
The German Frequency Dictionary 2 – Intermediate Vocabulary gives you a high-frequency word list to learn intermediate German. Study the most used words to expand your German vocabulary rapidly.
These high-frequency words are an excellent tool for intermediate German lessons.
This word list roughly covers CEFR vocabulary ratings from A2+ (advanced beginner) to B2+ (independent user).
Product details E-Book
- Series: German-English Dictionary (Book 2)
- Instant Download
- PDF: 230 pages
- Publisher: MostUsedWords.com; 1 edition (May 18th, 2019)
- Language: English
- Read on any smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- PDF reader required for opening file (free)