Advanced Spanish Vocabulary
This is the 3rd book in the Spanish Frequency Dictionary series.
With this book, you will increase your vocabulary from roughly CEFR B2 up to CEFR C1+.
This book is for advanced students of Spanish, and meant for those who want to improve their Spanish even further.
By knowing the most used 7.500 words, you will have a vocabulary comparable to an adult native speaker with higher education. You will be able to express yourself comfortably. You can understand 93% of all Spanish text and 97% of all spoken Spanish.
It is not necessary to have read the 1st or 2nd book in the series for you to enjoy this frequency dictionary. It can be used as a stand-alone tool, or in conjunction with any other language method.
This book contains:
• The most common 5.001-7.500 Spanish words, with English translations.
• Spanish vocabulary ranked by general frequency and alphabet.
• Frequency as part of speech (most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.)
• 2.500 Spanish to English example sentences.
• Phonetic spelling of Spanish
Why Study By Frequency?
While it’s important to note it’s impossible to pin down these numbers and statistics with 100% accuracy, these are a global average of multiple sources. According to research, this is the amount of vocabulary needed for varying levels of fluency:
• 250 words: the essential core of a language. Without these words, you cannot construct sentences.
• 750 words: those that are used every single day by every person who speaks the language.
• 2500 words: those that should enable you to express everything you could possibly want to say, although some creativity might be required.
• 5000 words: the active vocabulary of native speakers without higher education. You will understand 95% of all spoken language.
• 10,000 words: the active vocabulary of native speakers with higher education.
• 20,000 words: the amount you need to recognize passively in order to read, understand, and enjoy a work of literature such as a novel by a notable author.
What is Inside This Book?
A frequency list of the most frequently used Spanish words, based on analysis of 20 gigabytes of Spanish subtitles, the equivalent of 80.000 books of 200 pages each; more than two large libraries worth of text. A large base text collection is absolutely vital in order to establish a reliable general frequency list.
Subtitles have the advantage of corresponding both to written and spoken language. This makes subtitles the best method for creating a useful and practical word frequency list.
This Spanish to English frequency dictionary can roughly be divided in three parts.
• 2.500 Spanish words in ranked by general frequency
• Frequency ranking by part of speech (E.G, The most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc)
• 2.500 Spanish words in alphabetical order
Spanish pronunciation can be tricky. To help pronounce Spanish words correctly, we added phonetic transcriptions of Spanish words. Words are spelled phonetically with the International Phonetic Alphabet.
The Spanish Frequency Dictionary – Advanced Vocabulary gives you a practical word list to learn Spanish vocabulary. Study the most used words to rapidly expand your knowledge of useful Spanish words.
The frequency dictionary can be used as a stand-alone tool, or in combination with any other language learning program, app or book. This book roughly covers CEFR vocabulary ratings from B2 (advanced independent user) to C1+ (early fluency).
Product details E-Book
- Series: Spanish-English (Book 3)
- Instant Download
- PDF: 235 pages
- Publisher: MostUsedWords.com; 1 edition (November 18, 2018)
- Language: English
- Read on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- PDF reader required for opening file (free)