How To Say "Learn" In Spanish
Are you interested in learning how to say "learn" in Spanish? This is a common question for people who want to improve their language skills. In this article, we will explore the meaning of "learn" in Spanish, how to say it in different regions, and provide examples of how to use it in sentences.
Fast track your vocabulary with the 10.000 most common Spanish words!
What is "Learn" in Spanish?
The word "learn" in Spanish is "aprender" (IPA: /a.pren.ˈder/). It is a verb that means to acquire knowledge or a new skill. "Aprender" is a very versatile word, and it can be used in many different contexts.
Meaning of "Learn" in Spanish
The meaning of "aprender" goes beyond the simple act of acquiring knowledge. It also includes the idea of acquiring skills, abilities, or attitudes. In other words, it refers to the process of acquiring new information and transforming it into useful knowledge that can be applied in different contexts.
4 eBooks of the Spanish Frequency Dictionaries series by MostUsedWords
As with any language, Spanish has some regional differences when it comes to the use of certain words or expressions. In some countries, the word "aprender" may not be the most common way of saying "learn". For example:
- In Mexico, the word "aprender" is widely used, but you may also hear "estudiar" or "enseñar" (To teach).
- In Argentina, the word "aprender" is also common, but you may also hear "aprehender", which is an older form of the verb that is not commonly used in other Spanish-speaking countries.
- In Spain, the word "aprender" is the most common way of saying "learn", but you may also come across other synonyms, such as "estudiar" or "formarse".
You can find the paperbacks on Amazon (we have frequency dictionaries for beginners, intermediates, advanced and near-fluent students), or get the eBooks directly from us here. (They are affiliate links. That means we might get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking these links, at no extra cost to you.)
How to Say "Learn" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "learn" in Spanish:
- Quiero aprender español.
(I want to learn Spanish.)
- Ella estudia para aprender cosas nuevas.
(She studies to learn new things.)
- Me gusta instruirme sobre diferentes culturas.
(I like to educate myself about different cultures.)
- Es importante formarse continuamente para estar al día en el mundo laboral.
(It's important to continually form oneself to stay up to date in the working world.)
- Los niños aprehenden el lenguaje muy rápido.
(Children apprehend language very quickly.)
In conclusion, learning Spanish can be a challenging but fulfilling experience. Knowing how to say "learn" in Spanish is an essential part of this process. The word "aprender" is the most common way of expressing this idea, but it is always good to keep in mind that there may be regional differences in the use of certain words or expressions.