How To Say "Easy" In Spanish
When it comes to learning a new language, one of the first things we tend to focus on is vocabulary. We want to be able to communicate our basic needs and understand the responses we receive. So, if you are wondering how to say "easy" in Spanish, you are in the right place.
Fast track your vocabulary with the 10.000 most common Spanish words!
What is "Easy" in Spanish?
The word for "easy" in Spanish is "fácil" (IPA: /faˈsil/), and it is commonly used in the Spanish-speaking world.
Meaning of “Easy” in Spanish
The meaning of "fácil" in Spanish is pretty straightforward —it means "easy"—. This can refer to anything that is simple or not difficult to do. It can also refer to something that is easy to understand or easy to deal with.
4 eBooks of the Spanish Frequency Dictionaries series by MostUsedWords
Translating “Easy” to Spanish
There are other words and expressions that can be used to convey the idea of something being easy in Spanish. Here are a few examples:
- Sencillo (IPA: /senˈsil.lo/): This word means "simple" or "straightforward". It can be used to describe something that is not complicated or difficult to do. For example: El examen fue muy sencillo. (The exam was very easy.)
- No es complicado (IPA: /no es kom.pli.kaˈðo/): This expression literally means "it doesn't have any complication". It can be used to describe something that is not complex or difficult to understand. For example: La explicación no es complicada. (The explanation is not complicated.)
Just like in English, there may be some regional differences in how "easy" is used in Spanish. For example, in some countries, the word "fácil" may be used more often than in others. Additionally, some regions may use slang or colloquial expressions to convey the idea of something being "easy".
You can find the paperbacks on Amazon (we have frequency dictionaries for beginners, intermediates, advanced and near-fluent students), or get the eBooks directly from us here. (They are affiliate links. That means we might get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking these links, at no extra cost to you.)
How to Say "Easy" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "easy" in Spanish:
- Esa tarea fue muy fácil.
(That task was very easy.)
- Si practicas todos los días, aprenderás a tocar la guitarra fácilmente.
(If you practice every day, you'll learn to play the guitar easily.)
- Me resulta fácil hablar con la gente.
(I find it easy to talk to people.)
- La receta es muy fácil de seguir.
(The recipe is very easy to follow.)
- ¿Puedes explicarlo de una manera más fácil?
(Can you explain it in an easier way?)
In conclusion, if you are looking to express the idea of something being "easy" in Spanish, the word "fácil" is the most common and straightforward option. However, there are other words and expressions you can use depending on the context and the region you are in. So, whether you are traveling to a Spanish-speaking country or learning the language for fun, knowing how to say "easy" in Spanish is a useful skill to have.