How To Say "Bed" In Spanish
If you are planning a trip to a Spanish-speaking country or simply want to learn a new language, knowing how to say "bed" in Spanish is essential. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about how to say Bed in Spanish, including its meaning and regional differences.
Fast track your vocabulary with the 10.000 most common Spanish words!
What is "Bed" in Spanish?
The word "bed" in Spanish is "cama" (IPA: /ˈkama/). This word is used in all Spanish-speaking countries, including Spain, Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia. However, keep in mind that there may be some regional differences in pronunciation and usage.
Meaning of "Bed" in Spanish
The meaning of "bed" in Spanish is the same as in English. It refers to a piece of furniture used for sleeping or resting. "Cama" can also refer to a place where animals sleep, such as a dog bed or a cat bed.
4 eBooks of the Spanish Frequency Dictionaries series by MostUsedWords
As mentioned earlier, there may be some regional differences in how the word "Bed" is used and pronounced in Spanish. For example:
- In Spain, the word cama is pronounced with a slight lisp, as /ˈkamaθ/.
- In some Latin American countries, such as Mexico, the word "cama" is sometimes replaced by the word catre (IPA: /ˈka.tɾe/), especially in rural areas. "Catre" refers to a type of folding bed made of wood or metal.
You can find the paperbacks on Amazon (we have frequency dictionaries for beginners, intermediates, advanced and near-fluent students), or get the eBooks directly from us here. (They are affiliate links. That means we might get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking these links, at no extra cost to you.)
How to Say "Bed" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "bed" in Spanish:
- Me encanta dormir en mi cama nueva.
(I love sleeping in my new bed.)
- ¿Dónde está mi perro? Seguramente está durmiendo en su cama.
(Where is my dog? He's probably sleeping in his bed.)
- Mi abuela se acuesta temprano y se levanta tarde. Le encanta estar en la cama.
(My grandmother goes to bed early and wakes up late. She loves being in bed.)
- Me duele la espalda porque mi cama es muy vieja.
(My back hurts because my bed is very old.)
- ¿Tienes una cama extra para mi amigo? Va a pasar la noche en mi casa.
(Do you have an extra bed for my friend? He's staying overnight at my house.)
Learning how to say "bed" in Spanish is a basic but important step if you want to communicate effectively with Spanish speakers. Remember that the word you need is "cama", and there may be some regional differences in pronunciation and usage. With the sample sentences provided in this article, you will be well on your way to using "cama" correctly in a variety of contexts.