How To Say Pizza In Spanish
Are you a pizza lover traveling to a Spanish-speaking country and wondering how to say pizza in Spanish? Well, look no further! In this article, we will explore the meaning of "pizza" in Spanish, how to say it correctly, and regional differences.
Fast track your vocabulary with the 10.000 most common Spanish words!
What is "Pizza" in Spanish?
Pizza is a popular Italian dish loved by many people worldwide. In Spanish, the word for pizza is "pizza" (IPA: /'piθa/). The word "pizza" is used in the same way as in English and is easily recognizable by Spanish speakers.
4 eBooks of the Spanish Frequency Dictionaries series by MostUsedWords
Meaning of "United States" in Spanish
The meaning of "pizza" in Spanish is the same as in English - a flatbread typically topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various ingredients, such as meats, vegetables, and fruits, and baked in an oven. However, you may come across some regional variations in toppings, depending on the country or region you are in.
Translating “Pizza” to Spanish
If you are looking for a translation of "pizza" from English to Spanish, it is simply "pizza". However, you may encounter some variations in pronunciation or spelling, depending on the Spanish-speaking country you are in. For example:
- In Mexico and some parts of Central America, "pizza" is pronounced as /'pisa/.
- In Argentina, the pronunciation of "pizza" is slightly different, with the letter "z" being pronounced as "s" (/'pisa/).
- In Spain, the letter "z" in "pizza" is pronounced as a "th" sound, similar to the English word "think" (/'piθa/).
As mentioned earlier, regional differences in pizza toppings can vary depending on the country or region. Some examples include:
- In Mexico, it is common to find pizzas with toppings such as chorizo, jalapeños, and avocado.
- In Argentina, pizza is often served with a thick layer of cheese, called "muzzarella," and toppings such as ham and olives.
- In Spain, one popular type of pizza is called "pizza de jamón serrano", which includes cured ham as a topping.
You can find the paperbacks on Amazon (we have frequency dictionaries for beginners, intermediates, advanced and near-fluent students), or get the eBooks directly from us here. (They are affiliate links. That means we might get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking these links, at no extra cost to you.)
How to Say Pizza in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences on how to say "Pizza" in Spanish:
- Quiero una pizza de pepperoni, por favor.
(I want a pepperoni pizza, please.)
- ¿Tienen pizza vegetariana?
(Do you have vegetarian pizza?)
- Me gustaría una pizza grande con extra queso.
(I would like a large pizza with extra cheese.)
- ¿Cuánto tiempo tarda en hacerse la pizza?
(How long does it take to make the pizza?)
- ¿Podría traerme la cuenta, por favor? Pedimos una pizza grande.
(Could you bring me the bill, please? We ordered a large pizza.)
In conclusion, the word for pizza in Spanish is "pizza", which is pronounced similarly to the English word. The meaning of pizza in Spanish is the same as in English - a flatbread typically topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various ingredients. However, you may encounter some regional differences in pizza toppings, depending on the country or region you are in. If you are traveling to a Spanish-speaking country and want to order pizza, use the sample sentences provided above to help you communicate your order effectively. Enjoy your pizza!