How To Say "November" In Spanish
November is the eleventh month of the Gregorian calendar and is celebrated all around the world in different ways. If you are interested in learning how to say November in Spanish, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will explore the different ways to express this month in Spanish, its meaning, and its regional variations.
Fast track your vocabulary with the 10.000 most common Spanish words!
What is "November" in Spanish?
The Spanish word for November is "noviembre" (IPA: /noˈβjembɾe/) in Spanish. This word is used throughout the Spanish-speaking world, from Spain to Latin America.
Meaning of "November" in Spanish
The word "noviembre" comes from the Latin word "novem", which means "nine". This is because, in the Roman calendar, November was originally the ninth month of the year. However, when the Julian calendar was introduced, January and February were added to the beginning of the year, making November the eleventh month. Today, November is associated with the changing of the seasons, the fall harvest, and in many countries, the celebration of the Day of the Dead or All Saints' Day.
4 eBooks of the Spanish Frequency Dictionaries series by MostUsedWords
Interesting facts about November
- In the United States, November is often associated with Thanksgiving, a holiday that commemorates the first successful harvest in the New World by the Pilgrims and Native Americans.
- In Mexico, November 2nd is celebrated as the Day of the Dead or Dia de los Muertos. This is a time when families come together to remember and honor their deceased loved ones.
- The birthstones for November are topaz and citrine, and the birth flower is the chrysanthemum.
- In the northern hemisphere, November is the peak month for deer hunting season.
You can find the paperbacks on Amazon (we have frequency dictionaries for beginners, intermediates, advanced and near-fluent students), or get the eBooks directly from us here. (They are affiliate links. That means we might get a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking these links, at no extra cost to you.)
How to Say "November" in Spanish: Sample Sentences
Here are five sample sentences you can use to say "november" in Spanish:
- Como cada año, noviembre trae consigo el frío y la lluvia.
(As every year, November brings with it the cold and the rain.)
- El mes de noviembre es un momento de transición entre el otoño y el invierno.
(The month of November is a time of transition between autumn and winter.)
- El onceavo mes del año es noviembre.
(The eleventh month of the year is November.)
- Noviembre es un mes otoñal en la mayoría de los países.
(November is an autumnal month in most countries.)
- En algunos países, noviembre es un mes festivo debido a la celebración del Día de Muertos.
(In some countries, November is a festive month due to the celebration of the Day of the Dead.)
In conclusion, knowing how to say "November" in Spanish is an important part of learning the language. "Noviembre" is used in all Spanish-speaking countries, and it is a great word to add to your vocabulary. We hope this article has been helpful in teaching you how to say "November" in Spanish and giving you a better understanding of the word's meaning. Happy learning!