How to Say “Nice To meet You” in Spanish
Saying "nice to meet you" in Spanish is a great way to make a positive first impression and show that you are interested in learning about the culture of Spanish-speaking countries. The Mostusedwords Spanish Frequency Dictionary helps you to learn Spanish!
The most common way to say "nice to meet you" in Spanish is "encantado/a de conocerte." "Encantado/a" is the Spanish word for "delighted" or "pleased," and "de conocerte" translates to "to meet you." Depending on the gender of the person you are speaking to, you will use "encantado" for a man or "encantada" for a woman. There are many other ways to express the sentiment. Here are some examples:
- Me alegro de conocerte: I'm happy to meet you
- Mucho gusto: Nice to meet you (literally "much pleasure")
- Es un placer conocerte: It's a pleasure to meet you
- Estoy contento de conocerte: I'm glad to meet you
- Me da gusto conocerte: I'm pleased to meet you
- Es un honor conocerte: It's an honor to meet you
- Me complace conocerte: I'm pleased to meet you
- Es una alegría conocerte: It's a joy to meet you
- Estoy emocionado de conocerte: I'm excited to meet you
- Me entusiasma conocerte: I'm thrilled to meet you
"Nice to meet you" in Spanish is "mucho gusto," which literally means "nice pleasure." This phrase is often used in more formal or business settings. In this case, you don't need to worry about gender as it's the same for men and women.
You might also hear "un placer conocerte," which translates to "a pleasure to meet you." This phrase is more formal, and it's often used in business or professional settings.
It is common to people when they meet someone, they usually shake hands. In some countries, it's formal to give two kisses on the cheeks. However, it's best to wait for the other person to initiate this kind of greeting.
In addition, it's also good to learn basic Spanish phrases such as "¿Cómo estás?" (How are you?), "¿De dónde eres?" (Where are you from?), "Mi nombre es..." (My name is...) and "Me llamo..." (I am called...).
"Encantado/a de conocerte," "mucho gusto," and "un placer conocerte" are the most commonly used expressions to say "nice to meet you" in Spanish. Remember to also consider the cultural context, such as shaking hands or giving kisses on the cheeks, and to study basic Spanish vocabulary to make a good first impression.