How to Say “Because” in Spanish
Do you want to study Spanish? Check this out!
The mastery is attained through repetition and exposure to the Spanish language. Mostusedwords Spanish Frequency Dictionary can assist you in your studies and learning how to use them.
The following are some Spanish phrases that you can use in daily language. Add something like these to your Spanish vocabulary and put it into practice with friends.
"Because" in Spanish can be translated in many ways, depending on the context and the sentence structure. The most common way to say "because" in Spanish is "porque", which can be used in most situations, and it is a conjunction that connects two clauses, the reason and the result.
- No puedo ir al cine porque tengo que estudiar para mi examen. (I can't go to the movies because I have to study for my exam.)
Another way to say "because" in Spanish is "debido a que" which is a more formal or written language.
- Debido a que estoy enfermo, no podré asistir a la reunión. (Because I am sick, I will not be able to attend the meeting.)
"Ya que" is another conjunction that means "because" and is used in formal or written language as well.
- Ya que tienes tiempo libre, ¿quieres ayudarme con esta tarea? (Since you have free time, do you want to help me with this task?)
"Pues" is a word that is used colloquially to indicate the reason for something. It is usually placed at the beginning of the sentence and it is informal.
- Pues, no puedo ir al cine porque no tengo dinero. (Well, I can't go to the movies because I don't have money.)
"Pues bien" is a phrase that is used to indicate the reason for something that has already been mentioned or is well-known.
- Ya te dije que no puedo ir al cine esta noche, pues bien, tengo que trabajar. (I already told you that I can't go to the movies tonight, well, I have to work.)
"Pues resulta que" is a phrase that is used to indicate the reason for something that is being explained.
- Pues resulta que no puedo ir al cine porque mi hermano tiene la llave del coche. (Well, it turns out that I can't go to the movies because my brother has the car key.)
To make significant progress in Spanish, you must try to expose yourself to it. You can extend your absorption to Spanish language as long as you want.
Your mindset matters more than your intellect. To learn Spanish, you must be determined and motivated. You will also require this Spanish Dictionary. So, what are you holding out for? Get this and start learning Spanish right away!