Intermediate French Vocabulary List: 2501-5000 Most Common French Words
This book is a follow-up of the French Frequency Dictionary - Essential Vocabulary.
This book expands on the French word list of the first book in the French learning series. You will improve your vocabulary from about CEFR A2+ up to CEFR B2+ level. This frequency dictionary is intended for intermediate French students.
If you know the 5000 most common French words, you will have a vocabulary similar to an adult native speaker who finished high-school.
You can express yourself with ease, and go about your daily life effortlessly. Shopping, small talk, and regular conversations are easy enough for you. You can read and understand virtually all radio and TV shows, websites, and the newspaper. Reading literature is still challenging, and discussing technical issues in-depth will have you looking for words.
In technical terms: you can understand 89% of all spoken French and 85% of all written French.
You don't have to have read the 1st book in the series to enjoy this frequency dictionary. Any intermediate French learner will benefit from this book.
You can use this book as a stand-alone French course. You can also use it together with any other intermediate French lessons, courses or methods.
This book contains the 2501 to 5000 most common French words. The French word list is presented to you in a neatly organized manner.
• intermediate French vocabulary, with English translation(s).
• French words ranked by general frequency and alphabet.
• Frequency as part of speech (the most used adjectives, nouns, verbs, etc.)
• French to English example sentences.
• Phonetic spelling of French words (IPA phonetic transcriptions)
What is Inside This French Dictionary?
The basis of this dictionary consisted of over 1 million words. All raw data has been lemmatized and cleaned. We do not list conjugations of verbs and adjectives as separate entries. This book only lists only the root word, just like in a regular dictionary.
This French word list for intermediate students can roughly be divided into three sections:
- 2500 French words, ranked by general frequency.
- Frequency lists by part of speech:
- list of adjectives in French
- list of adverbs in French
- list of conjunctions in French
- list of prepositions in French
- list of pronouns French
- list of nouns in French
- list of common French verbs
- 2.500 French words in alphabetical order.
French pronunciation can be challenging. We added phonetic transcriptions of French words, so you know how to pronounce French words right. The phonetic spelling of words is done with the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
Intermediate French: Summary
The French Frequency Dictionary 2 – Intermediate Vocabulary gives you a high-frequency word list to learn intermediate French. Study the most used words to expand your French vocabulary rapidly.
These high-frequency words are an excellent tool for intermediate French lessons.
This word list roughly covers CEFR vocabulary ratings from A2+ (advanced beginner) to B2+ (independent user).
Product details E-Book
- Series: French-English (Book 2)
- Instant Download
- PDF: 263 pages
- Publisher: MostUsedWords.com; 1 edition (April 4, 2018)
- Language: English
- Read on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- PDF reader required for opening file (free)